Welcome...

I have been a passionate bass fisherman since I was 5 years old and, like many, have spent my life pursuing my angling passion. My goal now is to bring both an Educational opportunity and a way for fishermen to continue to participate in the sport without a financial burden upon the family.

I recognize a consistent theme among those who fish; the recurring dream of wanting more money and/or time to fish when they want. More than that, David has personally felt the negative impact of an industry where prices on everything from tackle and equipment to boats and trucks to tournament entry fees and gas have continued to skyrocket. During this same time, wages have stalled or gone down and sponsor support has been cut to practically nothing. This has caused many fishermen to give up on their goals and dreams. So, David’s desire extends beyond fishing.

I founded Beyond Bassin’, a company that would open new opportunities anglers had to pursue their passion, goals, and dreams.

I invite you to take a look and get involved. Take hold of an opportunity to achieve the lifestyle you dream of - www.beyondbassin.com!

To your personal best -
Bassin' Dave

Monday, March 12, 2012

Choke Canyon Bass Fishing Report

The water in Choke continues to be fairly stained.  We have had some rain which we need as the lake is 12.5 feet low.  The water temp on the lake is in the low 60's and upper 60's up the river.  The bass are definately hitting the beds.  I have started catching a lot of bass on jigs and squarebill crankbaits working in and around spawning areas.  The bigger females, with the cold front, pulled back to the points where they could be caught on deep cranks and Carolina rigs.  They won't stay there long.  So I would start shallow and let the bass tell you different.

Your full-time guide,
Bassin' Dave

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Dave,
Glad to hear things are starting to look better at Choke. I'm going to try and get down there this weekend to take advantage of the spawn, any suggestions about where I should put in. I usually put in at the Hwy. 99 bridge and work the river and lake opening... did you get to fish that area? Also, when you're swimming the jig, are you casting it toward the shore or structure or both?
Thanks,
Mark

Bassin Dave said...

Mark, when I am swimming a jig I am casting it towards shore and around any cover I can find. Try different paces with it and make multiple casts where you think a bass should be spawning. Most of the time, when you get it near a bass they will hammer it. Best of luck... Bassin' Dave