Welcome...

I have been a passionate bass fisherman since I was 5 years old and, like many, have spent my life pursuing my angling passion. My goal now is to bring both an Educational opportunity and a way for fishermen to continue to participate in the sport without a financial burden upon the family.

I recognize a consistent theme among those who fish; the recurring dream of wanting more money and/or time to fish when they want. More than that, David has personally felt the negative impact of an industry where prices on everything from tackle and equipment to boats and trucks to tournament entry fees and gas have continued to skyrocket. During this same time, wages have stalled or gone down and sponsor support has been cut to practically nothing. This has caused many fishermen to give up on their goals and dreams. So, David’s desire extends beyond fishing.

I founded Beyond Bassin’, a company that would open new opportunities anglers had to pursue their passion, goals, and dreams.

I invite you to take a look and get involved. Take hold of an opportunity to achieve the lifestyle you dream of - www.beyondbassin.com!

To your personal best -
Bassin' Dave

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Choke Canyon Bass Fishing Report

Catching lots of bass has been the name of the game at Choke Canyon the last few days.  It has been a windy mess making most of the lake unfishable, but in the areas you could fish, you flat caught em'.  With the fronts blowing through, most of the bass up on the bank were the males.  Some females would move in periodically which were very catchable when you found them.  My best and most consistent bite for the bigger females was in 7-12 feet of water off secondary points and along the edges of ditches and creeks running into the spawning pockets.

The best bite is from Mason's Point area to the Dam.  The water is pretty stained due to the wind stirring up the lake.  Green pumpkin, black, and dark browns have been the most productive for me.  Dipping the trailers or tails of plastics in chartreuse dye has been helpful, but not critical as we have had lots of bites without it too.

Water temperatures have climbed into the upper 60's and low 70's.  This has happened fast and even though a lot of bass have begun to spawn, I feel we still haven't seen the main spawn yet.

It is a great time to be bass fishing on Choke Canyon.  I look foward to seeing you on the lake.

Bassin' Dave

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hey Dave,
Are you having more luck with Jigs and swim baits than with crank or jerk baits? Also, have you had any luck flipping?
Thanks,
Mark

Mark said...

Hey Dave,
Planning on going to Choke this weekend... I appreciate you posting info on your blog, it saves me a lot of time and frustration on the water. As per your instructions I'll stay down on the main lake. Any tips you can give me for what you would start with and where would be greatly appreciated? Do you think it's too early in the spring to start flipping creature baits?
Thanks,
Mark